This is a beautiful thing, fellow bloggers VegHotPot and Lucy’s Friendly Foods have nominated us for a Kreativ Blogger Award.
We are understandably chuffed to receive such a kind nomination from two top bloggers. I love their blogs, so it’s extra special that they like what is going on in the Beach House Kitchen.
The Kreativ Blogger Award is designed to get good bloggers together and spreading the word about each other. I think it’s a top idea.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the nominating blogger and provide a link to that blog.
- Spread the love by nominating seven other bloggers, including their links here.
- Tell your readers seven things they may not already know about you.
Seven Blogs we like (alot and in no particular order):
We have only chosen food blogs (for obvious reasons) and only ones that are relatively new. There are some amazing, established food blogs, but they seem to be doing just fine…..
I think some of these blogs may have been nominated before, but you can never get too many nominations for being Kreativ (can you?!)
1) Byzantine Flowers – Brilliant for all-rounder for all things wholesome and organic. Interesting articles all the way here, one of the sites I visit regularly.
2) Vegetarian Ventures – The photos here are nearly as beautiful as the veggie recipes. Lovely looking blog and well written articles.
3) Moel Faban Supper Club – Denise’s blog is always an interesting read, a real foodie’s blog. Our local Welsh supper club and a champion of local and seasonal produce.
4) Tofu and Flowers – Abigail gives us a real flavour of Thailand here. Great stories and pics.
5) Peas and Love – Gwen’s blog ever fails with gorgeous looking veggie and vegan bites. You will also find things ‘freegan’ bits here.
6) AlmostRawVegan – Great inspiration here for our coming Raw food month in June. A lovely looking site with brilliant smoothie recipes.
7) Emmycooks – I just love the way Emmy cooks!
Seven interesting things about Jane and I (again in no particular order):
1) We met on a small island beach in the Philippines, I was accidentally evicting Jane from her room at the time. Jane was suffering from horrific facial sun burning (known as panda bear eyes).
2) Our first meal together was a tiny plate of cold veg fried rice, cooked by a disgruntled Belgian fella wearing tight trunks with Kraftwerk blaring from a stereo.
3) Jane was initially attracted to me because I had several pots of yoghurt stashed in my rucksack (a very impressive feat in Asia)…..
4) ….I used these yoghurts to woo Jane at breakfast, atop coconut and mango porridge, cooked in a bamboo hut. The rest is culinary history………..
5) I flew all the way from Mumbai to be with Jane in the Beach House and set up the Beach House Kitchen (giving up a lucrative career in dodgy English teaching in Hanoi!!!).
6) Jane is addicted to potatoes Lee is partial to a bean. You will always find hummus in our fridge and oatcakes in our pockets. Jane also likes hunks (of mouldy cheese).
7) The population of Carmel, our village, is around 90 and has approximately three sheep to one person. These sheep terrorize us with their munching and are an enemy to all raspberry patches.
Thanks to Becky and Lisa for the nominations and happy blogging to one and all.
Lee and JaneX
A Big Wow & Thanks! Much Love 😉
Reblogged this on ByzantineFlowers and commented:
ByzantineFlowers Blog ~ It’s an honor & nice to be nominated… thanks folks! 😉 A shout out to “the beach house kitchen” blog… a good & interesting blog to follow. https://thebeachhousekitchen.wordpress.com/
I’ll be checking out other listed bloggers too… the more the merrier! Cheers! 😉
Reblogged this on Almost Raw Vegan and commented:
Thank you Lee & Jane @ Beach House Kitchen for the nomination for “Kreativ Blogger Award” ❤ ❤ It's also great to hear more about other similar sites, I love all the sharing ❤ ❤ https://thebeachhousekitchen.wordpress.com
Aawww thanks http://moelfabansecretsupperclub.wordpress.com/ is chuffed to bits and happy to be a reader of https://thebeachhousekitchen.wordpress.com/ blog xx
Reblogged this on Moel Faban Secret Supper Club and commented:
Fellow North Wales dwelling food bloggers the beach house kitchen have nominated us for a Kreativ Blogger Award…were dead chuffed to be an inspitation to others and to be so well read xx