Mum’s Broccoli and Potato Soup
Proper winter warmer and so easy.
My Mum may be like yours, everything she touches turns tasty. This soup is an ace in Mum’s repertoire and makes me feel at home wherever I eat it.
Makes a nice big pan full.
2 onions, chopped, 5 cups vegetable stock (homemade if you’re Mum), 6 potatoes, 2 lge broccoli heads, 1 garlic clove pressed, 2 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste
Combine onions, vegetable broth, potatoes, and broccoli in a large pot.
Cook until vegetables are tender.
Puree mixture until creamy.
Return to pot add lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
Particularly good with Avocado slices on top or grated cheese if you fancy.
We Love It
Because as Jane’s Dad would put it, ‘this is good fuel kid.’
Broccoli can help to maintain healthy bones, it is rich in indoles and sulforaphane compounds which have Cancer fighting properties.
Abundant in Fibre, Folate, Vitamin- C Vitamin- K. Calcuim, Coenzyme, Q10, Carotenoid and under a microscope looks like a magic green fractal kaleidoscope.
recipes and other stuff
decadent double chocolate cake
fragrant wild rice, curly kale and pistachio salad
“Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.” HH the Dalai Lama
charred cauliflower steaks with coconut and kale puree
- The Ultimate Umami Vegan Burger
- Home Cooked Happiness Vegan Cooking Retreat – Photos, Food and Thanks
- One World Vegan Cooking Retreat – Photos, Memories and Thanks
- Dulce de Leche de Coco – Vegan Dulce de Leche
- Pappardelle with Artichoke & Almond Sauce plus Recipes for a Healthier & Happier Life
- One World Vegan Cooking Retreat – 29/8-2/9/17, North Wales
- Simple Seared Mushrooms with Pea Puree & Minty Crushed Peas
- Seeking falafel perfection in Lebanon and making the dream falafel wrap
- I Ate Lebanon! – My experience of vegan Lebanese cuisine
- Our Discovering Vegan Cooking Event in Newcastle – Big thanks and some pics!!
mango & cashew cake
top tips and health benefits of juicing
foragers salad – primrose, dandelion and sorrel
cauliflower hearts, hazelnut, creamy asparagus sauce
fig and pecan muffins (gluten free)
pea & mint hummus
seeded spelt bread & tips for top loaves
feeding the future
blender banana & pecan pancakes with chocolate sauce (gf)
homemade vegan mayonnaise
kickin’ kale & cacao smoothie
homemade blackberry vinegar
top 5 good mood foods
the healing power of nettles
griddled ruby grapefruit and beetroot salad with cobnuts and aronia berry dressing
Italian style cannellini beans with pickled chillies and basil oil
stacked portobello mushrooms with hazelnut tofu
monkey puzzle nut and jaggery muffins
buckwheat crepes with tofu, olives and cherry Toms
banana, buckwheat and walnut slices
Israeli salad (travellers classic)
© 2017 beachhousekitchen.com The content on this website is not free to take. Please contact us in writing if you wish to re-use any of the photos or content displayed on beach house kitchen. Thank you.