Mum’s Broccoli and Potato Soup
Proper winter warmer and so easy.
My Mum may be like yours, everything she touches turns tasty. This soup is an ace in Mum’s repertoire and makes me feel at home wherever I eat it.
Makes a nice big pan full.
2 onions, chopped, 5 cups vegetable stock (homemade if you’re Mum), 6 potatoes, 2 lge broccoli heads, 1 garlic clove pressed, 2 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste
Combine onions, vegetable broth, potatoes, and broccoli in a large pot.
Cook until vegetables are tender.
Puree mixture until creamy.
Return to pot add lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
Particularly good with Avocado slices on top or grated cheese if you fancy.
We Love It
Because as Jane’s Dad would put it, ‘this is good fuel kid.’
Broccoli can help to maintain healthy bones, it is rich in indoles and sulforaphane compounds which have Cancer fighting properties.
Abundant in Fibre, Folate, Vitamin- C Vitamin- K. Calcuim, Coenzyme, Q10, Carotenoid and under a microscope looks like a magic green fractal kaleidoscope.
recipes and other stuff
bbq pulled jackfruit – my twist on the vegan classic
“Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.” HH the Dalai Lama
vegan okonomiyaki – Japanese savoury pancake (gluten-free)
dark chocolate & chilli brownies – gluten-free
- Homemade Shroom Dogs – Vegan Mushroom Sausages
- Cook Vegan! Christmas Feast, Manchester – Cooking Workshop and Lunch
- Almond and Orange Biscotti – Vegan, Gluten-free
- Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Rice – Lebanese Style
- Awesome Autumn Offer £70 Off!! Viva Vegan – Spain, Plant-based Cooking Holiday, Nov ’18
- Chocolate, Sea Salt & Quinoa Cookies (Gluten-free)
- Mango and Papaya Chutney
- BIG thank you to all!! Beautiful gifts and get inspired
- Dinner at the Farm – Photos of our Kashmiri Feast on Tyddyn Teg Organic Farm
- Viva Vegan! Spain: Plant-based Cooking Holiday with Áine Carlin and Lee Watson
halva choc ices – tahini, almond, fig & rose
2-minute vegan chocolate sauce – only 3 ingredients!
our taste of bliss holiday ’18
Moroccan bessara with harissa oil – nourishing fava bean soup/dip
foragers salad – primrose, dandelion and sorrel
coconut pad thai salad with almond dressing
Italian style cannellini beans with pickled chillies and basil oil
top 5 good mood foods
stacked portobello mushrooms with hazelnut tofu
buckwheat crepes with tofu, olives and cherry Toms
© 2017 beachhousekitchen.com The content on this website is not free to take. Please contact us in writing if you wish to re-use any of the photos or content displayed on beach house kitchen. Thank you.