Mum’s Broccoli and Potato Soup
Proper winter warmer and so easy.
My Mum may be like yours, everything she touches turns tasty. This soup is an ace in Mum’s repertoire and makes me feel at home wherever I eat it.
Makes a nice big pan full.
2 onions, chopped, 5 cups vegetable stock (homemade if you’re Mum), 6 potatoes, 2 lge broccoli heads, 1 garlic clove pressed, 2 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste
Combine onions, vegetable broth, potatoes, and broccoli in a large pot.
Cook until vegetables are tender.
Puree mixture until creamy.
Return to pot add lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
Particularly good with Avocado slices on top or grated cheese if you fancy.
We Love It
Because as Jane’s Dad would put it, ‘this is good fuel kid.’
Broccoli can help to maintain healthy bones, it is rich in indoles and sulforaphane compounds which have Cancer fighting properties.
Abundant in Fibre, Folate, Vitamin- C Vitamin- K. Calcuim, Coenzyme, Q10, Carotenoid and under a microscope looks like a magic green fractal kaleidoscope.
our bestselling cookbook is out now! (UK and U.S.)
recipes and other stuff
bbq pulled jackfruit – my twist on the vegan classic
“Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.” HH the Dalai Lama
- Walnut and Maple Cookies – Crispy & Chewy, Gluten-free & Vegan
- Summer Squash and Peanut Butter Sabji – Spicy, Rich and Healthy Vegan Curry
- BHK Lockdown Diary – Sunshine, Cakes and Frogs
- Homemade Vegan Labneh Balls – Simple to make, delicious cream cheese
- YoVeg! Vegan Cooking and Yoga Holiday 2021 – See you next year in paradise!
- Mediterranean Vegetable and Chickpea Bake with Za’atar and Vegan Labneh
- Pea, Avocado and Kale Soup – Vibrantly Delicious and Vegan!
- Lockdown Lasagna – Wild Mushroom, Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Pesto with Chickpea Bechamel (Gluten-free, Vegan)
- Thai Coconut, Rainbow Chard and Chilli Noodle Bowl – Immune-Boosting Vegan Soup
- Quarantine Curry – Quick Spicy Tomato Masala with Cauliflower, Mango and Spinach
vegan okonomiyaki – Japanese savoury pancake (gluten-free)
dark chocolate & chilli brownies – gluten-free
halva choc ices – tahini, almond, fig & rose
2-minute vegan chocolate sauce – only 3 ingredients!
our taste of bliss holiday ’18
Moroccan bessara with harissa oil – nourishing fava bean soup/dip
foragers salad – primrose, dandelion and sorrel
coconut pad thai salad with almond dressing
Italian style cannellini beans with pickled chillies and basil oil
top 5 good mood foods
stacked portobello mushrooms with hazelnut tofu
buckwheat crepes with tofu, olives and cherry Toms
© 2017 beachhousekitchen.com The content on this website is not free to take. Please contact us in writing if you wish to re-use any of the photos or content displayed on beach house kitchen. Thank you.